National Geography Olympiad open to children of Classes 2nd to 10th.
Why study Geography?
· Studying geography can provide an individual with a holistic understanding of our planet and its systems.
· Those who study geography are better prepared to understand topics impacting our planet such as climate change, global warming, desertification, El Nino, water resource issues, among others.
· With their understanding of political geography, those who study geography are well-positioned to comprehend and explain global political issues that occur between countries, cultures, cities and their hinterlands, and between regions within countries.
· With instant global communications and media coverage of geopolitical hotspots around the world on twenty-four hour news channels and on the Internet, the world might seem like it has gotten smaller. Yet centuries-old conflict and strife remain despite huge technological developments over the past few decades.
Why Geography Olympiads?
· There is a great demand for Geographers in our country and abroad. Students learning this subject have an excellent career scope.
· In USA, Australia and many other countries Geography Olympiad is conducted every year, but here in India we do not have such kind of exam conducted at school level to promote Geography.
· Concerned about this widespread lack of Geography knowledge, GEO-GENIUS organized Geography Olympiad to reintroduce this subject.
The GEO-GENIUS organized its First National Level Geography Olympiad in 2010-11 and since then every year. The Olympiad is open to students of class 2 to 4 (sub-junior category), 5 to 7 (junior category), and 8 to 10 (senior category) and is conducted in two steps.
Date: 13th December 2019
Class: Std II to Std X
Time : 3.00 p.m to 7.00 p.m. ( each batch 1 hour)
Venue: Sayee Academy Old No. 5, New No. 17 Arya Gowda Road, Opp to Bata Showroom, West Mambalam, Chennai – 600033.
Students can enroll for School level contest and successful candidates will move forward to National Level.
Registration Fee: Rs. 350 / – for School Level including the Book.
Contact Details: 8939463856 / 9884079767
Last date of Registration : 30th October 2019
Interested parents can SMS their child’s name, class, school name,