The Leaders For Tomorrow National Essay Writing Competition is a national level competition to promote reading and writing habits among school students of class 8 to 12, with a larger goal of improving their awareness about development issues. The competition is organized jointly by Leaders For Tomorrow
Foundation, Press Club of India and Voice of Kids. Here is an opportunity for young students to pen down
their ideas while showcasing their literary skills. In this edition of the competition, we have partnered with the Korean Cultural Centre, Goethe – Institut and Development Channel.
TOPICS FOR THE COMPETITION :
Participants can write the essay on any major development issue faced by India with respect to achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The essay should identify a problem and explore potential solutions.
The Covid-19 Pandemic has drastically changed the traditional model of education. Suggest
possible ways we can achieve the sustainable development goal of quality education for all,
whilst taking into account the changes that the pandemic has brought about.
Achieving the SDG of Gender Equality is vital for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world. Critically analyse the role of the school and family in achieving gender equality.
77% of the waste in India is disposed of in open dumps, 18% is composted and only around 5% is recycled. Discuss this issue in relation to the Sustainable Development Goals of Climate Action and Responsible Consumption and Production.
Note: Participants can also choose any of the topics mentioned above for their essay.
Last day to register : Mar 15, 2021
Last day to submit the essay : Mar 31, 2021
Students of classes 8 -12 from any school across the country.
Entry fee of Rs. 100/- to be paid along with the online submission of the essay.
NATIONAL LEVEL PRIZES:
- 1 st Prize – Rs. 20,000 + Gold Medal + Certificate + 100% scholarship for an online language course for children and young people offered by Goethe-Institut India
- 2nd Prize – Rs. 15,000 + Silver medal + Certificate + 100% scholarship for an online language course for children and young people offered by Goethe-Institut India
- 3 rd Prize – Rs. 10,000 + Bronze Medal + Certificate + 100% scholarship for an online language course for children and young people offered by Goethe-Institut India
- Consolation Prizes (2) – Rs. 5,000 + Medal + Certificate + Goethe-Insitut Goodie Bag and Book Voucher.
State Level Prizes:
- 1 st Prize – Rs. 2000 + Gold Medal + Certificate + Goethe-Insitut Goodie Bag and Book Voucher
- 2 nd Prize – Rs. 1000 + Silver Medal + Certificate
- 3 rd Prize – Rs.500 + Bronze Medal + Certificate
School Level Prizes:
- 1 st Prize – Gold Medal + Certificate
- 2 nd Prize – Silver Medal + Certificate
- 3 rd Prize – Bronze Medal + Certificate
SPECIAL PRIZES FOR TOP HUNDRED ESSAYS
(Winners at the national and state levels)
Free training as student reporters with Development Channel
All winning essays at the National and State levels will be published in the ‘Voice of Kids’ website
Essays of the National Level prize winners will be published on Goethe-Institut website
WEEK – LONG VICTORY TRIP TO SOUTH KOREA
The top hundred winners of this competition will get the opportunity to participate in a final essay writing competition, organised in partnership with the Korean Cultural Center India, of the Republic of Korea. The first and second prize winners of this competition will get: A FULLY SPONSORED WEEK-LONG TRIP TO SOUTH KOREA.