Ambattur Visakaa Irai Isai Peravai Trust, Ambattur has been promoting Carnatic Music in Ambattur area for the benefit of rasikas and connoisseurs for the past 15 years.
As a part of the 15th year Celebrations the trust have decided to hold a yearly Music competition to encourage the children and youth. The Rules of the competition and the age categories are mentioned. Please let the organizers know the number of applications you will need so that they can arrange for the same.
Ambattur Visakaa Irai Isai Peravai Trust is gifting an Electronic Tanpura to the First prize winner of “Advanced Level Competition: (Raga Neraval Kalpana Swaram).
1. Application Forms are available at the 4 venues: Korattur , Anna Nagar, Ambattur and Villivakkam, Applicants may buy, fill and submit the application at any one of the following venues.
Ambattur : Sri Kumar Sastri,
No. 51 B/75, Sathsangam Street,
Ambattur, Chennai 600053
Phone : 9566082481
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Korattur : M.P. Vanamali,
1 A, 49th Street, Venkatram nagar,
Korattur, Chennai 600080
Phone : 96000 36599
Email : email@example.com
Villivakkam : Sridhar Nilakantan
No.433, NPL Anjali Apartments, Below Padi Fly over,
MTH Road,Villivakkam, Chennai 600049
Phone : 98403 76980
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Nagar : Smt Bhavadhaarini Anantaraman,
#1514, J Block, 13th Street,
Anna Nagar, Chennai 600040
Phone : 9962102537
Email : email@example.com
2. THE COST OF EACH APPLICATION FORM IS Rs. 100/-
3. All persons who are Non-Professionals and who are within the age groups mentioned are eligible for the competitions.
4. Competitors shall be present half an hour before the appointed time for the
5. The Last date for submission of Application is August 3rd, 2016.
6. The Music Competition will be held on Sunday August 7th 2016 at Sathsangam, Sathsangam Street, Next To Karur Vysya Bank, Ambattur.
7. All applicants must submit their email id and phone number so that the time of
the competition may be intimated.
8. All competitors must come in South Indian Traditional Costume only.
9. Competitors shall sing only to Tambura Sruti / Electronic Tambura / Sruti Box.
10. In all matters, the decision of the Judges shall be final. The authority reserves the right to withhold the award of any of the prizes, if the judges so recommend.
11.Competitors shall attend the competition at their own expense.
12. Age groups Categories are :
Sub Junior 6 to 9
Junior 10 to 13
Sub Senior 14 to 18
Senior 18 to 25
Super Senior 26 & above
Advanced Music Competition (Raga Neraval Swaram ) Open to ages 16 & upwards
(Any 3 Ragas to be submitted)
13. For Sub Junior category, the children may submit any 3 classical songs or
Bhajans ~ of which one will be chosen by the judge for performing.
14. For Junior and Sub Senior Categories any 3 Keerthanas/Krithis of any established composer may be given.
15. For Senior Category 3 Krithis of any established composer must be given.
16. For Super senior Category 3 Krithis of any established composer may be given.
17. This year competition is held only for Vocal Category.
18. The Participant for Ragam Neraval Kalpana swaram will also be eligible to
participate for the Krithi Compeition in Senior Category/Super Senior Category.