The Association of Mathematics Teachers of India (AMTI) conducts National Mathematics Talent Contests (NMTC).
The test aims to discover and encourage students who have the capacity for original and creative thinking, readiness to attack unfamiliar and non-routine problems exhibiting a general mathematical ability appropriate to their level.
Primary – Gauss Contest – V and VI Standards
Sub Junior – Kaprekar Contest – VII and VIII Standards
Junior – Bhaskara Contest – IX and X Standards
Inter – Ramanujan Contest – XI and XII Standards
Senior – Aryabhata Contest – Degree Classes in Arts, Science & Technical Colleges
MEDIUM: English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Tamil & Telugu. The medium for Senior level is English only.
Fee: Rs. 50/- per candidate (out of which Rs.5/- will be retained by the institution only for all expenses and Rs.45/- to be sent to AMTI.)
MODE OF EXAMINATION
1. Candidates institution shall be the centre for their students and the Principal or the Head of Mathematics Department shall be in charge of the proper conduct of the examinations for the PRELIMINARY LEVEL.
2. Individuals applying will be intimated the center at which they should take the examination.
3. Every candidate (except the senior level) will take a Preliminary Test.
4. Preliminary test consist of objective type questions in multiple choice types and fill in the blanks, each 50% of the total. Top 10% qualify to the finals.
5. The final test will consist of essay type questions. It will be conducted in chosen centres in the respective states and the students appearing for the final tests shall write the test only in the centres allotted by the AMTI.
Last Date for entries : 31-07-2014
Preliminary Test : 23-August-2014, (Saturday) 2 to 4pm
Final Test : 01-Noveber-2014 (Saturday) 1 to 4 pm
Announcement of Results: By the end of the December 2014
For all details on this test : http://www.amtionline.com/NMTC.html